- 170g / 6oz Butter
- 335g / 12oz Caster Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 500g / 1lb 2oz Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 450g / 1lb Stewed Apple
- 170g / 6oz Sultanas (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 c
- Grease & Line a 10″ round tin.
- Cream margarine & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, slowly beat well and scrape down bowl with spatula.
- Add in flour & spices, mix well and scrape down bowl again with spatula.
- Add in milk and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Fold in stewed apples & sultanas.
- Spoon mix into prepared tin and bake in oven for 50 – 60 mins or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- 2 x 2lb Loaf Tin
- 13oz / 365g self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bread Soda
- 1 tsb Cinnamon
- 6ozp/ 175g Butter
- 6oz 175g Golden Syrup
- 6oz / 175g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 6oz / 175g Treacle
- 14 fl oz / 400ml milk
- Preheat oven to 160 c
- Place flour, bread soda & spices in mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Add in softened butter & mix until fine breadcrombs.
- Place sugar, treacle, golden syrup & milk in a saucepan & put on the heat until the sugar has dissolved, then turn up the heat & bring to just below boiling.
- Pour mix into flour, followed by the egg & beat till resembles thick pancake batter.
- Pour into prepard tin & bake for 50 – 60 mins or until a skewer inserted inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tins.
Short Bread Biscuits
- 450g / 1lb Butter
- 400g / 4oz Plain Flour
- 270g / 10z cornflour
- 220g / 8oz icing Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 150 c
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix on low speed until everything comes together.
- Rollout on a floured Surface and cut with cutters – round, triangle.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before placing on parchment lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to leave space for shortbread to expand.
- Cool on Trays.
- Decorate as required.
- 1,360g / 3lb Self Raising Flour
- 12tsps Baking Powder
- 6tsps Cinnamon
- 6tsps Nutmeg
- 1,380ml / 48 fl oz Oil
- 1,580g / 3 1/2 lbs Grated Carrot
- 454g / 1lb Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 c & line 2 x 5lb loaf tins.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large electric mixing bowl.
- Mix until they are all combined.
- Pour oil & eggs into dry mix & mix well.
- Add in grated carrot & mix well.
- Add in walnuts & mix well.
- Pour mix into prepared 5 x 2lb loaf tins.
- Place in preheated oven & bake for 50 – 55 minutes.
- To test if the cakes are cooked – place a metal skewer into the cake, if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
- Cool in tins for 2 hours before placing on a wire tray, decorate with buttercream icing.
Tim Tam Cheese Cake
- 1lb – 2oz/500g Digestive Biscuits
- 120z/340g Melted Butter
- 7oz/200g Caster Sugar
- 250ml Cream
- 3 teaspoons Vanila Essence
- 9 penguin Bars
- 2lb/900g Cream Cheese
- 2oz/60g Plain Flour
- 50ml Lemon Juice
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Grease & Line side of a 10″ round tin
- Crumb the digestive biscuits & 4 penguin bars in a blender to a fine crumb.
- Melt Butter & add to the biscuit crumb. Mix until it holds together.
- Spoon biscuit crumb into prepared tin, spread out evenly & press down with a spoon. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling place the cheese, caster sugar & plain flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon, add to cream & whisk together in a seperte bowl. Add the eggs to the cream and beat together.
- Pour cream & eggs into cream cheese mix & beat until well mixed.
- Chop 5 penguin bars & add into the cheese mix.
- Pour mix into the prepared tin, place in over & bake for 45-50 minutes, (It will be a bit wobbly when baked).
- Allow to cool in tinfor 4 hours before serving.
- 500g Flour
- 375g Cocoa Powder
- 380g Butter
- 1Lb Dark Chocolate
- 375g White Chocolate
- 8 Large Eggs
- 500g Sugar
- 20 fl oz Guinness
- 500g Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Grease & Line a large rectangular baking tin.
- Sieve the flour and the cocoa powder into a bowl.
- In a saucepan melt the dark chocolate an the white chocolate chips over a low heat – once melted remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once the egg mixture is light and fluffly gradually add in the melted chocolate mixture and ix well.
- Once all of step 4 & 5 are combined fold in the sieved flour and cocoa mipowde to the mix.
- Add in the Guinness and chocolate chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Baileys & Chocolate Truffles
- 5oz/125g Good Quality Dark Chocolate
- 2oz/50g Butter
- 2oz/50g Icing Sugar
- 2oz/50g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Baileys
- 4oz/100g Dark Chocolate
- 4oz.100g Milk Chocolate
- 2oz/50g White Chocolate
- Melt chocolate in microwave or in a bowl over boiling water
- Melt butter & stir into chocolate
- Sieve icing sugar & fold in with the ground almonds into the chocolate mix.
- Add in the bailey’s
- Mix until it all comes together.
- Leave mix to cool in the fridge for 1 hour
- Roll into small balls. Leave to set in fridge for 1 hour.
- Melt dark & milk chocolate in seperate bowls.
- take truffles from each and coat each in either dark or milk chocolate. Leave to set.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over truffles.
- Place in paper cases & leave in fridge for 1 hour.
Makes 20 Cookies
- 227g/8oz Butter
- 227g/8oz Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk
- 335g/12oz Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 140c
- Place butter, sugar, condensed milk & vanilla essence in a mixing bowl, cream untill light and fluffly.
- Add flour & bking powder & mix well together.
- Mix in the smarties.
- Remove from mixer & place in fridge for 1 – 2 hours before rolling into balls (heaped tablespoons)
- Place on lined baking trays, making sure to leave space for cookies to spread.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes untill golden brown
- Cool on tray.